October 17, 2006

no plan

Yesterday, I changed the background on my computer. It was time for a more "October-y" scene...the Dunedin beach just wasnt fitting anymore.

So I picked out this glorious picture of a sunset over Hastings, New Zealand...all reds and oranges and yellows...its quite breathtaking really. At the time I was picking out the picture I was thinking about the Hand of God and so I printed over the bottom clouds these words:
"I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you in my righteous right hand."

Today, this picture has become more than just a pretty background...its a reminder. A reminder of how my relationship with God is sometimes...

Did you know there is a sunset EVERY night?! I know, hard to believe...especially since most days I dont take much notice....not that its not quite beautiful a lot of the time-no, its mostly because I'm BUSY and caught up in my life...in my plans...in my routine.
But, then, there are times where it seems the heavens just about cry out with beauty and you have to stop what you're doing...or in this case...get in your car and drive as fast as you can to the top of the nearest mountain so you can take better pictures...

I feel like God just pulled a "sunset" moment in my life the past few days...He pulled a God...by being totally unpredictable...so much so that all I could really do was stop what I was doing......
No one but God could create such a artistic scene up in the sky...and in the same way, no one but God knows the best path for my very life...so....

I've stopped trying to "adjust" and "make new plans"...because, honestly I was running of letters in the alphabet to make plans for...we're talking not just plan B...but plan R...and plan V....

And also, I stopped to read the verse that I had haphazardly picked out yesterday...and yes, I realized the significance.

Not only is He that author and perfecter of my faith...I have the prime seat for this life....

His righteous right hand...

No comments: