October 23, 2006

Recycle Rights

Umm...so I went home for my lunch break and sitting on my landlords patio chairs was a small stack of sprite cans...

my sprite cans...the ones that I threw away in my trash today ( its trash day and we ( my landlords and I) share a bin)..

How do I KNOW they are mine?! Well, because WHAT ARE THE ODDS that the week that I go through a serious "I love sprite" phase, my landlords would as well...and then they wouldnt put them in their normal recycling bags..but instead stack them on a patio chair...

Yup. That's what I thought too.

Smallish rant:
Sure, I'm ALLLLL about saving the planet. I really am, and really if I have the opportunity I'm also all about recycling. What I am NOT ABOUT is having my landlord GO THROUGH my garbage to collect recyclable items. NOOOO GOOOOOD. Its a VIOLATION of privacy for one thing...and for another thing...its gross.

Really gross.

I'm a totally passive-aggressive person, so I dont know if I'm up for my sister's idea of ASKING them if they would like me to start recycling...becaus that seems less passive and more embarrassing...I'm in shock.

No comments: