November 01, 2006

what a difference ( almost) a year makes...

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:5


I ran across a little essay that I wrote back in February of this year...at the time I was struggling with a person that had been thrown into my mostly "together" little life....I was horribly frustrated with myself, I felt SURE that I was heading down a familiar road. A road where I was silly and didnt follow the Lord's will for my life....where I liked someone I shouldnt like and then it would end up bothing me to the point of obsession...or annoyance however you want to look at it. I did NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN AGAIN. All I wanted was peace of mind...
And amazingly enough, I was given it...

The person was Brett...(wow. February? Really? Its been going on that long?)
And it turned out that those prayers that I fervently prayed back in February were answered in a way that was quite shocking...and unexpectedly good. haha. Not only did I get peace...but Brett didnt go away...
Of course it took a loooong time. But, I obviously NEEDED a long time. And I can't really speak for Brett, because, he probably hadn't even thought of me all at that point...but, God is good...and His lessons are continuous and scary...and really, tonight, I was reminded what I have learned...and then I was reminded of all that I still dont understand, that I still dont get...that I still need help with...because, I'm not JUST talking about relationships here-its just the example that brought it up...
It reminded me

... how little we know, how much we are at the mercy of my King... All we can really do, is get down on our knees every night and ask for Help....

My only desire is to Serve the King of Kings all the days of my life

He is merciful to Help..

" The Lord of hosts...is wonderful in counsel and excellent in guidance." ~Is. 28:29

No comments: