January 01, 2007

Go ahead...ask me.

20 Questions about the Year 2006
1) Where were you when 2006 began?
I was in some barn outside of Nacogdoches with a whole bunch of random people most of which I barely knew…but it was fun and it turned out to be sort of important since said event led ( much much later) to my relationship with Brett.

2) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
It wasn’t one particular moment, but a whole BUNCH of moments…I was sick for a good portion of the year.


3) What was your favorite moment of the year?
When Thida saw me for the first time after two years and yelled out that I was “half of myself”…which was really inappropriate and therefore extremely funny.


4) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were
you?
I went to Houston with Thida and Anna for shopping and an Imogene Heap concert…it was fabulous and I turned 23 which was less fabulous ( I don’t like odd numbers).

5) Where you in a relationship in 2006?
Indeed. Very exciting.


6) Did you breakup with anyone in 2006?
No.


7) Did you make any new friends in 2006?
Absolutely, I think my favorite new friend is Briana, who joined our Bible Study this year…she’s hilarious and great to hang out with.


9) What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your
memory, and why?
September 20th. I made special note of the date, because I am a girl and that’s what girls do.


9) Did you travel outside of the US in 2006?
Yes, I went to New Zealand…and it was glorious


10) What was the best book you read?
Blue Like Jazz was probably one of the most fun and yet thought provoking books that I read this year

11) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
It seems to be my lot in life that so many of those I care about are far away.

12) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2006?
mmm…didn’t see many movies in 2006, or at least not many memorable. Pride and Prejudice, Scanner Darkly, The Prestige

13) What was your favorite song from 2006?
Hide and Seek, Imogene Heap ( probably why I was so happy to go to her concert.)

14) Who were you most thankful for in 2006?
All of the people God has placed in my life “for a time as this”…but maybe Carmi has been of the most emotional help to me this year-she’s always been on instant messenger at all the moments that I seriously thought I was going insane. ( she told me that I wasn’t).

15) What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done
before?
I had surgery. With the tube down my throat and everything. Kinda scary.

16) What was your proudest moment of 2006?
I overcame a great deal of personal doubt and fear to do a good job in my first real “professional job”.

17) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2006?
Oh, there are sooo many moments, but maybe when I broke down and cried in the doctors office in front of a waiting room full of people.

18) What valuable life lesson did you learned in 2006?
The Lord is ever faithful and His mercy abounds.

19) What are your plans for 2007?
2006 was one of those years that didn’t really have many OUTSTANDING kind of days, but it was filled with a lot of growth in a personal kind of way…I am able to see how God truly helped me through some of my toughest personal battles and for that I am excited to see what He will do this coming year. My plan is to search out those secret places and bring them into the light. Scary…but exciting.

20) What were you doing when 2006 ended?
I was sitting on my sister’s couch talking about Titanic with some delightful friends. It was not a particularly profound moment, but fun nonetheless.

No comments: