January 03, 2007

No Excuse.

There is no excuse not to give it my all, live my very best, pray harder, read more of the Word....in fact, once I realized it, all of my excuses were silly and didnt hold a drop of water. And yet they had kept me "busy" for days upon days.
Dry and Parched is the only way to discribe how I have become.

This year I picked up an old friend to re-read for 2007. "Streams in the Desert Devotional" helped me through 2003 and 2004 ( its written on the inside cover)...and I am delighted to be reading it again.

In "pastures green"? Not always; sometimes He
Who knowest best, in kindness leadeth me
In weary ways, where heavy shadows be.
So, whether on the hill tops high and fair
I dwell, or in the sunless valleys, where
The shadows lie, what matter? He is there.


In "reading" ( actually listened to in the car) The Silver Chair recently I was struck by the beautiful picture of Jill standing by the waters edge, dying of thirst and yet "scared" to drink because of the Giant Lion standing in her path...He keeps offering her to come and drink and yet her own silliness keeps her from the water of Life..until finally His call gets through....how true, how true-and not just in Fiction!

~~

In other news, the grand plan that first came into being back in 2003.... is finally going into action tomorrow! Sam and I will finally watch ALL THREE Extended Edition Lord of the Rings movies back to back ( all 11 hours and 23 minutes)....yes, others will be coming and going...but only the truly HARD CORE will make it through! Wish us luck! :-)

No comments: