May 28, 2007

FridaySaturdaySundayMonday

Whew! Long weekend, friends...and sorry I havent blogged. Unfortunately, "blog posting" was not penciled into my overflowing schedule and therefore it didnt happen.

But, I just got home from Dallas, where I dropped Brett off at the airport...and now I'm home cleaning up glass off of my bedroom floor ( not so long story, involving a lamp falling over and dying)...

I struggle to come up with a good way to discribe the last four days....a lot of important/good/hard/interesting stuff happened-most of which involved being with Brett...It is dreadfully..."different"....how we must spend our time together in often a very compact "hardcore" fashion and I honestly cannot wait for the future where I will get to do MORE nothing and less SOMETHINGS with him....

So, I just drove in the car for about 3 and half hours by myself, in which time one can do a lot of thinking, here's my conclusion:

The Lord Jesus is our only true refuge and strength. He is the only way, the only truth, the only light. And, on a very personal level I need Him. I need Him when things are good-to teach me, revealing His good things upon this earth, to Light up His Word for me and to delight my soul in his mercies and blessings. I need Him when things are bad-to remind me of His salvation, to remind me how human I am, and how much I need His Word to instruct me in the way I should go, and to pick me up when I'm crying and stumbling around lost, sinful and absolutely directionless...

I cannot imagine a day when I do NOT need my Lord, for He is my friend, my father, my saviour, my high priest, my great and glorious warrior. To be honest, I loose sight of my great Need far more when things are good.....and sometimes I think I am more thankful for the bad times ( mostly after the fact...) because they so easily put me back in my place. .

Tonight, I'm so confused in which way I should turn, just how I should pray. I see both sides of a very dirty and beat up coin...and to be honest I'd like to just go ahead and choose "D. None of the Above" if that's ok with God...But, its not ok. Its just not... As, Carmi just recently eloquently said in her blog, we cannot hit "Control-Alt-Delete"... So, instead I'm reading Psalms 86-89....out loud....because the devil doesnt like it when I read the Truth outloud.

1 comment:

Tda said...

Great post, awesome reminder to us all. Glad to hear that you're drawing close to God, seeking His glory and comfort