June 02, 2007

thank you, thank you, thank you.

So, I've been at java jacks for about an hour and a half now...writing thank you notes. I finally had to stop because my hand was cramping up and my handwriting was becoming dangerously close to unreadable.

I'm kinda bummed because I forgot my headphones...and I'd SO much rather be listening to MY music than to the annoyingness that they are playing here. Come on people, you've got satellite radio. You have NO excuse for this badness.

But, this Java Shake is making up for it. man, they are SOOO good.....
I also ( literally) ate my words today about Cane's Chicken Fingers Resturant, today. I mean, I made huge fun of them when they opened because they ONLY sell chicken finger baskets, and I figured what kind of lame place only sells one product?! Turns out a place that knows how to make really fabulous dipping sauce.
So, I apologize Cane's, you may have no imagination and have really annoying radio advertisments, but you do know how to do ONE thing really well.

Yesterday I had "family time" with my parents and Ryan and Anna....we had really good Japanese food and then planned to watch a movie....which is where things kinda went down hill.
First, we voted on which movie to see ( slim pickings)...and Mom and I lost to everyone else who wanted to see Mr. Brooks...which turned out to be HORRIBLE.
To truly discribe to you how horrible I'd have to go into details-and i honestly like all of you too much to do that to you...so take my word for it. Dont SEE THIS MOVIE.

So, I walked out...leaving my family behind ( who apparently left about two minutes after me.), so I went into the movie, Knocked up, which I had heard was "the best comedy of the year"
After about ten minutes I can attest to the fact that if this is the best comedy of the year, and people enjoy this kind of low-brow humor than our society is truly going to hell in a handbasket. no lie.
Thus, once again I walked out of the theatre ( I was on a roll)...and finally ended up with the rest of my family to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End for the second time. To be honest, I wasnt really THAT excited by this movie the first time I saw it, but strangely enough ( or maybe just in contrast to the two pieces of trash I'd just viewed) I really enjoyed it way more the second time. And, as an added plus we stayed till after the credits so I got to see the little "extra" at the very end...
So WILL there be yet ANOTHER PotC movie?! Only time and lots of money will tell. ;-)

Thus third times the charm.


And now, I'm back to my thank yous...

No comments: