January 27, 2008

I'm so tired.

I just got home from Bible Study and its 9:30....I think the major reason for my tiredness, however, is that I am fairly use to having time to myself throughout the day to "recharge" and, ummm, in the last twenty-four hours minus the 8 hours I slept I have had one and a half hours by myself. hahahaha! Yeah, I'm tired.
But, it was fun and totally worth it...and it once again proves that I loooove people and I looooove being around them.

Tonight's bible study was the second in a two-parter on the Spiritual Gifts...at the end everyone went around and named the spiritual gifts that they thought everyone had. I learned that apparently I am an enigma. I had the MOST spiritual gifts listed for me and I'm pretty sure its not that its because I'm gifted-its more that people just DONT know what to think of me.
Here's what they said:
serving, leading, knowledge, pastor, giving, prophecy, mercy, teaching, kindness, mercy

I think I was most surprised about the pastor...and...the kindness. I do not consider myself particularly kind. If anything I'm the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I think I'm nice but probably only in the most typical sense and definitely not "spiritually" speaking. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed that I had so many listed-it makes it hard for me to focus on any one of them and hopefully become more knowledgeable and grow with in them. Anyway, feel free to let me know what YOU think. I mean, hey, you're my blog readers-you know me pretty well. ;-)

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I was thinking leading and teaching.

Prophecy is such an interesting gift to me in that it's a definite "have/have-not" gift. I suppose some people pray for God to give them the ability/increase their ability to prophesy, but...really...it doesn’t seem like a gift that is cultivated and used like serving, for example. What do you think?

And, yeah, kindness/mercy may not be your thing, but that’s all-the-more reason to work on it.

-The Old Amy