June 25, 2008

go all hardcore.

So, last night we had a little dinner for the newest girls that came to the Thurs. night bible study ( the count just continues to rise! Its amazing! ) ...and ALL the girls showed up ( take that all you nah-sayers that say girls only show up to bible study because boys are there..)! It was way cool to actually chat with some army chicks..I mostly get to talk to Army-wives, but girls in the army...well, I have TONS of respect for them too! Its incredible with what they put up with :-)

Anyway, my absolute favorite part of the evening when I realized that the girl I'd picked up on the way to dinner had been talking about becoming a PRO-wrestler and not just your normal "regular wrestling" ....whoooooa. she just went up, like, five points on the interesting-people-that-I'm-glad-I-know scale.
I SO hope I'm around when she actually has a match so I can go to that....I mean, I feel like that's going to totally suprass the time I worked at the Monster Truck Rally as far as "Places I never thought I'd go"


Speaking of places I never thought I'd go....I am currently excited about the possibility of fulfilling one of my LIFE TIME GOALS. I will hopefully get to visit my cousins in China with Aunt Donnave at the end of the year! I know! Anyway, its one of those things that may help me get through the thought of Brett leaving in November.

I'm leaving you with a quote that I found in a book that you should all read: Bullet Proof: The Making of an Invincible Mind by Chuck Holton.....I'm only on chapter two and I already feel inspired to live my life a little bit less safe ;-)

( actually the quote is from Jim Elliot...)

"God, I pray Thee, light these idle sticks of my life and may I burn up for Thee. Consume my life, my God, for it is Thine. I seek not a long life , but a full one, like you, Lord Jesus."

2 comments:

donnave said...

Wow! An amazing prayer...and, I bet I need to read that book!

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favourite quotes! Tabitha