December 29, 2008

Time in a Bottle

As of today, I have exactly one week left in Texas before heading off into the unknown abyss that is shaped like Washington State. Well, that might be a little too dramatic-Not everything is unknown, I know that I'm suppose to go back to Washington because I need to continue to learn from the Navigator ministry at Fort Leiws and from the many good friends that Brett and I made during our time living there, I also know its rainy and dark and cold in the winter ( and apparently snowy this time around!) I know that the summers have long long days ( which is great) and that I'll be able to eat Indian food any time I want. So, some things are known. The unknown things just consist of those pesky little problems like "a place to live" and a "job", but I'm sure it'll all happen just as it should. So, until that adventure starts lets finish this one strong:

I can hardly believe that I've been in Texas for a month and a half! How wonderful to be able to tick that time of Brett being away surrounded by such Texas Loving! But, I'm not leaving quite yet, and I still have a few more good times left to go- For instance, today is the annual Movie Marathon and Leftovers Party...which is a highly intricate and involved party that has rules and such. Basically, each year we come up with a theme ( last year it was science fiction...obviously it was the boys year to pick) and then each "family unit" picks a film and then we all get together and watch our picks and eat all the leftovers we have from Christmas and beyond. This year the theme is "Book to Film Movie Adaptations"- Brett and I have already picked out our movie, but I'm curious to hear what YOU would want to watch....the only rule was that you had to have read the book and no comic books allowed ( this was mostly because we'll more than likely have a comic book year in the future)..... tell me your picks! Picking the perfect film is half the fun!!

Anyway, I'm putting on my stretchy yoga pants ( so I can eat more in comfort) and headed out for my day of fun, I only wish Brett could be here. I get little waves of sadness and missing him, but I think overall that's probably good and normal.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a cool idea! Mine would probably be Pride and Prejudice or Harry Potter.

Amy said...

this is such a hard choice!

How about Muppet Treasure Island???

Just kidding, although that one is great.

I would be inclined to pick something a little off the beaten path, just to shake up the kind of movies we're watching. You know, if everyone picks recent films, I'd probably go with an oldie. Something like that. Let's say for now that I'd pick "Mr. Hobbes Takes a Vacation," a Jimmy Stewart film ... but I reserve the right to change my mind later.

Ffdskl Edhchgerg said...

Well, the only movie I've seen that I had also read the book was Blackhawk Down...

Oh, and that Jesus movie :-)