January 29, 2009

Done

So, today I did in fact talk to several people....because, lets face it, I'd have to seriously go on vacation and someone would have to release my phone from my cold and clammy palm before I REALLY was off the radar!
But, today was good.....not like extraordinary and no miracles occurred. But, I know that the Lord was with me all day and sometimes its nice to just stop and talk to Him for a while.

Things that happened:

I had a surprising request from someone who wants to "disciple" me. I did not see it coming to be honest and do not quite know how to proceed. Let's just say I'm still praying about this one...

I had a surprise phonecall from Brett this morning which was good-since, lets face it-this whole long distance marriage thing is starting to take a serious toll on us both...

I finished buying up things for Brett's February Box of Love. ( actually its not terribly romantic...some of the things for the box included two study books for the GRE, the masters programs admittance test. ew.) But, that's a cool name for a box so we'll go with it.... Those of you who want to know some facts about box sending it'll be at the end of this post***

I went and watched the movie Bride Wars....and I cried. I mean, I know that it was suppose to be a romantic comedy and I did in fact laugh out loud several times...but I cried at the ending ( a little bit before that too...) and that's when I realized I might be seriously going crazy.

I had two quiet times.

I broke my days fast with Indian food and a glass of Red ( which totally broke my "don't drink alone" rule...but I figure since I'm telling you about it, and since the whole day was about me being alone...you'll forgive me.

To be honest I'm still a bit melancholy, but I know that my life is not in my own hands-which is a very comforting thought. Tomorrow is a brand new day! And I will try extra hard not to do everything in my own strength!

**For those of you who have sent baked goods to Brett, or who would like to send them in the future. So far they have all arrived without too much destruction. From what I understand the best way to go is to pack the cookies in small groups in ziploc bags with paper towels ( to keep them moist) and then use other packing means ( whether that be inside another, smaller box or tin...or just using packing supplies) to make sure they are as secure as possible to reduce breakage.
Brett has only had great things to say about the baked goods that he's received so far...and really ALL your wonderful letters, pictures, packages and prayers have been a delight and blessing to him. We are REALLY blessed to have such wonderful friends and family! In fact, Lindsay even had her elementary school class send Brett cards ( awesome!) which he thought was really great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie W.: Can Mike and I stick a letter in with your box? It could be in the "friendly love" section. :) Looking forward to seeing you later!