January 28, 2009

An introverted extrovert

That's me.
I think it really surprises people sometimes when I say that I'm an introvert. And really, its probably not even really true. Its just that one of the main definitions of being an extrovert is that you are rejuvenated and built up by people. This is not the case with me! I'm pretty much the worse combination of personality types possible since its pretty much against my nature to turn down a party or a conversation or a coffee date or pretty much anything that anyone asks me to be a part of-I'm totally there for every second and " yes please! I WOULD like to be the "center" of whatever your doing!"
Yet, when I leave said coffee or I hang up the phone or I leave the party ( and probably the last one to leave at that!) I am tired and not just physically tired, but MENTALLY tired!

So, after a full on week last week and a pretty full on week this week ( so far! Apparently its only Wednesday night-but from what's gone down already this week-you'd think it was February so much has happened!)...I've decided to take a mini-holiday.

I'm not really sure how well that's gonna work since I don't have much self-control in this area but I going to try not to reply to emails, text messages or answer my phone and I'm going to try really really hard not to have lunch or coffee with anyone ( no matter how great the person is or no matter HOW much I want to talk to them.)
*sigh*
I need to go against my own desires for a "constant party" and stop to take a reprieve.

I think it when I burst into tears this evening and sobbed for a good two minutes that I got the "clue" that I did NOT in fact have it all together.

And to end this post, here are some verses that have struck me today and maybe tomorrow I'll actually take the time to ponder them and not just rush through and on to the next thing....

They had not celebrated..in great numbers as is prescribed" 2 Chrn. 30:5b

The Lord your God is gracious and compassionate, and will not turn His face away from you if you return to Him. 2 Chrn 30: 9

The hand of God was also on Judah to give them one heart to do what the king had commanded by the word of the Lord. 2 Chrn 30:12

Behold God is my salvation
I will trust and not be afraid
For the Lord God is my strength and song
And He has become my salvation....
Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name.
Make known His deeds among the peoples.
Make them remember that His name is Exalted.
Is. 12:2,4

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Just let us know when you are online again. Enjoy your solitude. :)

Amy said...

But im still picking you up at like 6:15, right?!?