January 30, 2009

All Aboard the Crazy Train!

I am not in the habit of re-reading my blog ( at least not for a while after its been written). But, I have the sneaking suspicions that if I did in fact, reread my recent posts I'd just go ahead and pull myself out of commission.
Luckily, I do not do the whole re-read thing...and therefore I continue on in the desperate attempt to do this whole "living life" thing as best as possible.

This morning I woke up at 6:15am with a serious pain in my side. Now, just so you know...pretty much ever kidney stone I've ever had ( and I've had my unfair share...) has woken me up around the 6am hour....anyway, this pain was not that intense, but it did freak me out and make me feel very very paranoid about the possibility that if it DID get worse, what would I do?! Who would I call?!?

So, I got up, got half-way-decent-dressed, put shoes by my bed...put my backup hardcore meds on my bedside table, got a little grocery sack to throw up in ( I've done this a few times, people!), decided who I'd call to drive me to the emergency room and then went back to bed...I woke up 2 and a half hours later with a niggling feeling still in my lower abdomen but nothing too serious....

Honestly! This is what I do!?!

It does make me wonder though, I mean, this pain is more reminiscent of my endometriosis which made its debut as a "weird long lasting kidney stone" back in Early 2005 and then continued on into 2006...but then, last year, its like it just disappeared! I thought it was some sort of miracle change of body chemistry ( apparently this happens) but now I'm thinking it might be more to do with stress. Not that I didn't have any stress last year-but maybe I was more stressed the years before and then now?! Or maybe its just me being alone again? ( ha!)
Either way, I've lost 5 pounds in about two weeks.....so I'm a winner right? ( sarcasm intended).

*sigh* Al that aside, I've had a pretty satisfying day today. Had coffee with a girl ( I only have two more to go and I'll have gone through all the girls I need to do a preliminary meet! yay!) which turned into a lovely chat...and then I returned home and bought tickets to the Navigator Conference coming up in New York....this is a conference that I decidedly did NOT want to go to because...well....the first time I went I was well and truly freaked out...and while I didn't expect it to freak me out this time around ( ahhhh! How I've grown! hehehe!)....to be honest I was just tired of traveling around and tired of 'learning' ( bad attitude, Abigail!)....but after my desperate attempts to have a good reason NOT to go where all shot down by the people that I respect a lot...I gave in, and now I'm genuinely excited!
There are three ( maybe four) other girls going...and each one them I think the conference will be both challenging and eye-opening and maybe just as scary as it was for me the first time around ( and it still is to some degree!) so I'm looking forward to sharing it with them...besides, this year was suppose to be about me learning more, ministry speaking, and what better way than this conference!?

So, yes, mark your calendars...looks like I'll be spending my Valentines Day in New York State! ( probably for the best since I'm doubting the day would be that special otherwise...ahhhh! deployment....)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey now, how is eating cookies with me while watching a chick flick NOT "special?" Seriously.

Congrats on the weight loss! I mean, I dont think it's necessarily a bad thing. Maybe your body has just gotten to its "happy weight loss place" and the pounds will just start dropping of ya without you knowing it. That totally did happen to me once ... it was a good year.

Um ... that's all I have to say for now.