February 25, 2009

Another shot at life.

So, yesterday morning I woke up with another full blown migraine that actually made me sick to my stomach...and hopeless. Having a migraine for ONE day is bad...but spreading headaches out over a two week period will make a person go insane. So off I went to the doctor....
Which, I gotta say, is always a toss up. You really never know what you're gonna get....buuut, when you're desperate, you're desperate, ya know? So finally after sitting, waiting, pleading I finally saw some nameless PA ( I probably was told his name but I didn't really pay attention) who had long scraggly hair...on the sides. ( zero hair on top) and weird glasses from 1982. Yet, this nameless PA gave me about 10 minutes of attention where I almost cried because I so wanted relief and then he told me that the reason my headache was continuing for so long was because the medicine I was given last time wasnt working ( you think?) and that it wasn't enough to break the "pain cycle"...therefore the ongoing migraines. Made sense.
Thus a shot in the rear end. Nothing like having to pull your pants down half way to make a person feel better...but honestly, I would have done ANYTHING at that point!

The other highlight of the day was receiving another medication that is usually used for depression but, when given in smaller doses at bedtime can actually PREVENT migraines from happening! GLORY BE! The PA reminded me, like three times, that I wasn't actually "crazy" or anything.....but I honestly could care less....I mean, as far as I was concerned I was depressed...and me not getting migraines will make me the OPPOSITE of depressed!

So now it is time for us to all cross our fingers and hope that have no more headaches to report this week...or next...or ever ( wouldn't that be GRAND?!)

1 comment:

donnave said...

This sounds like real progress to me. Yay! Abigail