February 23, 2009

Lucky thirteen...

I slept for thirteen hours last night. I did this on purpose because I was sick and tired of this horrible headache that I've had off and on for two weeks. I decided sleep would surely cure said headache.

I suppose it did. If by cure you mean not really that bad today. *sigh* I really should go through the motions of getting a doctors appointment. But I know they won't tell me anything of value...depressing.

In other news, today I ate terrible Thai food ( as a rule any restaurant that says they serve Chinese food and Thai food, probably serve bad versions of both...), but I just HAD to try it since its literally a block away from my house and wouldn't it have been AWESOME if I'd had good thai food that close to home?!? Sadly, one can only dream....
Also, the fortune cookie that came with my Thai food ( that should have been my warning)...didnt have a fortune in it. That's right. It was an empty cookie.
Not sure if that's a good sign or not.

I did, however, have SOME luck today...thanks to my thrifty friend who continually makes me feel like a bad house wife because I buy my yogurt at the full price ( $.50...baaaaad Abigail, BAD!) who told me about the RedBox movie deal that allowed me to rent a movie for FREE on mondays! Oh yes, she might make me feel guilty about some things...but I'll forgive her because its not really her fault, and I got to watch this semi-good move, How to Lose Friends and Alienate People for free! YAY!

I also ate icecream and chocolate cookies for dinner. I did this because I was celebrating the fact that my high cholesterol, really IS hereditary ( finally another family member goes to the doctor! Its about time! I can't be the ONLY one who's sickly! hehehe)....and not my fault at all. Nothing like passing the blame and eating dessert for dinner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah the goal is not to make you feel guilty. Just so we're clear. And 50 cents is a good price for yogurt all things considered. That's "on sale" at normal grocery stores, you know.

Anonymous said...

Yeah . . . Christa and I greatly rejoiced to find 50 cent yogurt the other day ;)
Esther