July 28, 2009

A long whimper

Brett left this morning at the crack of dawn. So, I've been up for far too long. It was already 75 degrees at 4:30 which did not bode well for the rest of the day...
Not having air conditioning makes this particular heat wave brutal....I mean, I'm a Texas girl and all...but I do not DO a house that is "pleasantly cooler than outside meaning its 85 degrees..." I mean, seriously, I'm not sure how I'm going to sleep tonight with it being this hot.

And yes, Brett, let....and yes, it was just as horrible as a goodbye ever could be. It does not matter that he'll only be gone 4 months this time, it still felt like someone took out my heart and filled up the gaping hole in my chest with a bunch of thorns and heavy paper weights....and now I'm once again faced with that constant sneaking suspicion that I need to talk to someone and that someone isn't there anymore.

But, enough with the complaining ( not really, I'm sure I'll get back to more of that), I was greeted by my sweet roommate Lindsay when I got home from the airport...I haven't seen much of her in the past two weeks ( except to attend her SURPRISE ENGAGEMENT PARTY! YAAAAAY!) so it was great to see her again, and she was nice enough to get up at 7am in the morning and talk to me for a little while....and then, later, my fellow army-wives-with-deployed-husbands, Karissa and Amy came over and commiserated with me and they came baring gifts and pizza....and that plus all the many nice notes and texts and facebook messages, I know that I am loved and that I don't have much to complain about....yet, why do I feel like crying again?

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Its perfectly ok to cry....i love you and ill be praying.




Christa

Kristin said...

::HUGS:: And prayers... having your husband gone is never easy, no matter how long. Crying is okay... gotta get it out. Hope you find some comfort soon.