June 17, 2010

Not sixteen anymore...

This week I've been helping out with Vacation Bible School here on Fort Benning. When I volunteered to help out and then showed up at the planning meeting they took one look at my giant belly and pointed me towards the Snacks Team. HAHA!
Believe me, I didn't complain, I've always been partial to snacks and I figured the energy level that I would need to prepare snacks every day in a kitchen full of women would be a loooot less than shuttling around a bunch of 5 to 7 year olds!
It has been a lot of fun thus far, but I've found that I have to come home and put my feet up for a seriously long time after my four hours on my feet otherwise there is just nothing left of my energy.
*sigh*
This is a far cry from the days of yore when I use to help with VBS in Cleburne Tx and then immediately leave to have fun with my cousins, followed by a swim practice.

I'm not sixteen anymore.

No comments: