June 24, 2010

One of my favorite things...

A lot of people take their jewelry off every day...I, because of my super laziness, do not do this. Of course, this means that things that I loooove to wear just stay on until they start to get 'sad' ( such as my wedding rings, and the one necklace I wear every day) and then I have to take them off and give them some TLC.

Today I noticed that my necklace was getting a little dull looking and so I took it off and gave it a good polish.

I love this necklace. I love it for so many reasons. I love it because it reminds me of a once and a life time trip that I took to Italy with two of my dear friends ( where I first saw a necklace like it and then spent the rest of the trip scouring jewelry stores looking for one-finally found it in Florence!) . It reminds me of a very interesting period in my growth with Christ ( lets just say when I bought this necklace the idea of a "crooked cross had MULTIPLE meanings for me!) , and I also love it because its SO unique! In fact, I don't think I've seen another cross like it here in the USA!

No comments: