August 20, 2010

One More Day

Brett leaves for Ranger School on Sunday. In good Pollyanna style: I've been spending the last few days thinking of all the things I am thankful for...there is a lot.

And I'm going to mention one really important thing right now and then I probably won't mention it again and that is that I am very grateful that Brett is just going to Ranger School. He is not DEPLOYING on Sunday. As hard and as awful as it is to say goodbye to him and to imagine the next few months of Ransom's life without his Daddy around-I am terribly grateful that they will ( Lord willing!!) only BE a few months long-not a year.
AND on top of that, Brett will not be in quite as much life threatening danger as he would be deployed ( though they did make sure is life insurance was in order which was not at all comforting)....and so I am thankful. I am thankful that Brett was here for these first two weeks of Ransom's life-that we got to experience the excitement and mind-boggling life changing experience of having a baby together. I am so grateful...

And we get one more day together. Tomorrow.

And then the praying goes into EXTREME mode. So get ready! :-)

No comments: