Anyways....all those good things still stand the test of a bad-ish day and so we begin afresh today with a follow up to yesterday...
Monica asked about the sound tracks to our day, and so currently that would be....
For mornings/ baby feeding: I'm currently digging Brooke Fraser's Flags ( she's been a favorite of mine since college and she's still a lovely reminder of New Zealand days...) and just to keep with my "college music" theme I've also pulled out my old Hillsong United albums. If you do not have some Hillsong praise music to pull out in times of gloom you REALLY need to get your hands on some!!
For cooking: You should ALL go and listen to the Pandora Glee Cast Station... its all the music you are semi-embarrassed to like, plus a mix of show tunes that you SHOULD be embarrassed to like...but they are all mercilessly catchy and dance-around-the-kitchen-worthy. Also, as much as I am against EVERYTHING about her, including that AWFUL album cover, I really like Katy Perry's Firework. *sigh* And then this song, which I know is really random, but I like it for some reason- Ryan Star's Brand New Day
For evenings: A little Alexi Murdoch, a little Joshua Radin, a little old school Iron & Wine, a little Postal Service, this song from Missy Higgins: Where I stood ( its so sad, but I can't help but love it.)...
I just went over that music selection and, hahaha! there should be something for everyone there...I have some random tastes.
Also, I was awarded a blog award from Misty Marie! Super sweet! THANKS!!
Here is how it works:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 8 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know about the award.
So, here are 7 things about me:
1. I've always wanted to be a librarian. Or a bookstore owner. Just some excuse to have a "story time"!!
2. I would like to have a daughter one day ( NOT ANY TIME SOON!) , I've already picked out her name and her nickname, now its just a matter of convincing Brett.
3. I really don't like fast-food. Unless its Chick fil a, and then I'm ALL OVER IT.
4. I have freakishly small feet.
5. I'm currently memorizing this verse: Ps 131:1
6. I would really like to rent a beach house with my family over the summer, but thanks to Army, that's just a dream. :-(
7. I use to say I'd never let my children's stuff take over my living room..Here's the current state of our living room:
I am passing my award to: