June 14, 2011

Writer's Block

I've been having it. Writer's block. I'm not sure what's causing it really......a mind to jumbled with thought that I can't seem to order it nicely into sentences. Whatever the case its been niggling away at me for a while now.

But, last night I resolved to push on through. I'd blog about SOMETHING whether it worth writing about or not. Afterall, that's what I pretty much did every day for years and I kinda like going back and reading those posts.

I read this in my time with Jesus yesterday and its been with me ever since:

" for they loved the glory that comes from man more than the glory that comes from God."-John 12:43

Ouch.

I think ordinarily I'd brush past this one, say something like, "Oh, that doesn't apply to ME."
But, really if I'm perfectly honest it DOES apply to me!  Its not hard for me to get so caught up in loving on people that I forget just who Loved me first. And who, in fact, is the one I should be pointing to....its all well and good to show love to someone, but if they leave thinking "Oh, those Wilsons they always show us such a good time, they always have such nice parties...they are nice to have me over for dinner etc etc." Well then we haven't really done what we're called to do. Where am I seeking glory?!

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

I see you are using the mobile view option. It's very nice. I think that verse applies to us all.Not just that we should be directing people to God, but also how often we claim praise that should go to Him who has given us everything we have.