October 01, 2012

I've never really liked roller coasters..

The last few days have been a bit of an up and down..
Up: Brett came into town.
Down: having to go into the hospital because of sever cramping.
Up: No clear cut contractions were ever seen on the monitor.
Down: Brett heads back to Georgia a day late. ( the down part is him leaving not the day late part...hehe)
Waaaay down: I have another ultra sound and they decide to keep me in the hospital. My cervix is dangerously short. And the odds of me going home are slim. Also, I suppose are Tabitha's chances of staying inside of me for as long as we would like.

 The last few days my mind has been all consumed with Ransom's increasing Terrible Two Behavior. I worry about how all of this is affecting him and just what I should or shouldn't be doing about it. But, here I am in the hospital and I suppose I'm getting my answer. I do not get to do anything about it. In fact, both of my children are out of my hands in so so many ways.

And for a control freak like me, this is the biggest test of all.

As for the roller coaster, I pray it slows down for a while. I'm having a hard time catching my breath between hills...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abigail I am praying hard for you and your family. Tabitha, stay put!
My medical stuff has caused me to not be very present with Shiloh the last few months (and Ryan not at all) to guide her behavior...but be encouraged- children are malleable and you can spend one-on-one time with Ransom later.