May 10, 2006

Happy 3rd Anniversary, Self!

Yes, its been three years...can you believe it? I've been sharing waaaay too much about my innermost thoughts on the internet for THREE YEARS!
So, in honor of the occasion I've compiled a little 'review' of this past year for my own...I mean....YOUR enjoyment. But, first how can we not first read my very very first post?
Yeah, its slightly boring..yet it reminds me how very different my life was in 2003. For one thing...I was 19.
For another thing...I was still in school and didnt see much of an end to that particular lifestyle in sight.
For another thing I lived in another country.
For another nother thing I had different friends.
So yeah, life was different.

And since then I've gone through a heck of a lot, all of which is reflected in my writing...woo. Thanks for reading it, because at times it got boring, at times it got extra whiny, at times it was just plain stupid.

But...among the day to day plodding that is typed out for your day to hour enjoyment...there are a few posts that I'm particularly proud, if I DO say so myself.
Soooo, for my own...I mean...YOUR enjoyment, I quickly glanced through the past year's worth of blog posts and picked out my favorites...one for each month, expect for March when I was OBVIOUSLY on fire and wrote MULTIPLE favorite posts. HA!
So, here it is, Abigail's Day: A Year in Review

Back in May of 2005 I was a "bag lady" alternating my living arrangments between my parents and my sister...it was totally awful for a person such as myself ( who likes her own space) but on the brighter side I got a lot of good blogging material out of it...
~
Controversy is just part of the world of blogging, but sometimes I'm SUPRISED at what gets a stir out of my readers, this particular post, in June 2005, created QUITE the sensation among my male readers...they hated it, they thought it was stupid...they OBVIOUSLY missed the point about it being FICTION.
~
There is nothing like a blog for giving your personal opinion about just about anything, OR giving the impression that you are an expert in a particular field and therefore people should read your blog with a pen and paper so as to take notes, in July 2005 I shared my genius with my readers as though everyone cared. Ah! Blogging its so good for the self-esteem!
~
My blog is also my outlit for perfecting my story-telling skillz, that I then dish out in ackward party-settings when conversation is lacking and people need to laugh...in August 2005 I shared one of the FUNNIEST events ever...the great thing, was that this story was totally and completely true and I didnt have to exaggerate ANYTHING...it was THAT bad...actually, very rarely do I have to exaggerate what happens to me, its USUALLY.. THAT BAD. ;-)
~
Every so often, cool things happen to me during my day to day life..and I love blogging about such things, mostly so that I'll remember them...a good example of that was in September 2005
~
I am constantly doing embarrassing things ( like turning off the lights in the hospital cafeteria) and the only joy that comes out of such events, is the knowledge that it'll make a good story...one of my FAVORITE embarrassing events was the beginning of a long standing feud between me and Evil Neighbor and it happened in October 2005.
~
Having a blog is TOTALLY dangerous, especially when you feel really strongly about something and you'll write about it immediately without taking the time to calm down, over the years you'd THINK I'd learn my lesson and not do it as much, buuuut deep down inside I just dont care. So, most of the time I stand by my rants no matter how dramatic they may be...here is one that I wrote in November of 2005, that I DEFINITELY still agree with, and I find I have to give this particular lecture to people (myself included) all the time..so its good I wrote it all out at least once ;-)
~
One of the sad things about Haloscan Comments is that they are deleted after so long, or after I acumulate so many...one of the comments I reeeeally wish I still had was one on this post made in December of 2005, when I made reference to a blog I found, and nary a few hours when by before the author of said blog COMMENTED....it was SHOCKING...and HILARIOUS...and I see this guy sometimes, walking down the road...and it STILL makes me laugh. So, yes, my blog brings GREAT JOY into my life.
~
Every now and then I get reeeally proud of myself ( hahaha! because I'll write some "really totally awesome" sentence...this doesnt happen often, since my blog isnt really something I think hard about. If the words dont come to me immediately than I dont write them...that's why there are so many typos! But, far and few between I write something I'm actually proud of in a literary sense.. in this post in Jan.'06, my last sentence was PERFECT and it just CAME to me as I was writing the post. Yeah, I'm still really proud of that whole day, what I said at the time, and what I wrote in the post about it later.
~
This year marks the first time that I've ever written any "fiction" on my blog...I dont even know what brought me to do it, but the inspiration struck as I was struggling to express something, and so the words came...without any explanation...and it was probably the "no explanation" part that upset people so much...and why people thought I was actually TALKING ABOUT REALITY or something...I gotta say, it wasnt a good start for me writing 'fiction' on my blog...but, no matter what the readers thought ( granted I did get SOME good responses) I kinda liked it, and here it is, from Feb. '06.
~
In the month of March, for whatever reason, I was dealing with a lot of different issues in my life...this came out in the form of several blog posts that really meant a lot to me, two of which I felt like when I read them over that I could SEE myself getting Light on the subject through the writing process...this post and this one helped me more to write them than anything else I could have done at the time...also during this month I had another ( rare) burst of Fiction and I have to say, even though it was now not the first time, I was still kinda suprised that it happened... so here's my Princess Story
~
It wouldnt be right for me not to include an example of one of my most common blog post types, it seems that more often than I realize I steal from other sources of literature to get my moods, feelings and experiences across...hehehe...I guess my own writing fails me more than I realize! But, anywho, more often than not I will quote from the Bible, not only to remind myself of its Truth..but hopefully to encourage anyone who might read it...for, I realize more and more how "Just Like Everyone Else" I really am...here is an example of how the Right Words and the Right Time helped me out in a big way in April of 2006
~

So...there you go...a whole year full of posts...Here's to all my Readers who make writing this worthwhile! thanks for coming along for the ride!

No comments: